Children’s Sunday Morning Activities
Small Group Bible Study
Small group Bible study for children at 2BC begins at 9:30am, 11:00am or 5:00pm. Small Group Bible Study is the main avenue for leaders to connect with children and provide a Biblical foundation for the rest of their lives.
Bible Study begins with our infants from the first day they are placed in our care. We want our preschoolers to begin Kindergarten knowing these three simple, but powerful truths:
– God Made Me
– God Loves Me
– Jesus Wants to Be My Friend Forever
Younger preschool classroom assignments are based on each child’s development from birth through age two. No two children are alike in their development, so we simply go with the flow for the first two years. At age three, assignment is based on the child’s age on August 1.
Age-graded Bible study continues for our children in kindergarten through sixth grade. It is our hope that by the time a child begins the Student Ministry in seventh grade, they will not only have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, but they will have accepted these three truths:
– I Can Trust God No Matter What
– I Need to Make the Wise Choice
– I Should Treat Others the Way I Want to Be Treated
Bible Study doesn’t end once the classroom hour is up. We feel that as children’s leaders, we are called to equip each parent to play a powerful role in their child’s faith development. Weekly e-mails provide tips and tools to help parents reinforce the lesson throughout the week. For more information about our Sunday Morning Curriculum and our desire to partner with parents, visit whatisorange.org.
Wednesday Evening Activities
Junior Quest – Wednesday from 6:00pm – 7:30pm, for kids ages 2 – Kindergarten
Children will hear a Bible story from The Gospel Project and play with friends and do some fun activities.
The Quest – Wednesdays from 6:00pm – 7:30pm, for kids in First through Fourth Grade
Children in Kindergarten thru fourth grade will experience four group segments:
1. Bible Quest. We will walk them through a three year, chronological study of the BIble. The Gospel Project is a Christ-centered Bible study resource that looks at the whole story—the story of redemption through Jesus—from Genesis to Revelation. Kids will experience the gospel and find out what it means to be a part of God’s gospel project.
2. Scripture Quest. This is the time we look at a particular scripture and work on memorizing it and learning what it means. We will also make a craft from time to time that relates to what we are learning.
3. Worship Quest. Children will learn what it means to engage in worship with the community of faith. They will also be given chances to lead in worship as a choir. Worship Quest will introduce children to various elements of musical theory including rhythm, pitch and harmony.
4. Adventure Quest. This includes games, group activities, snack time, and a review of the evening.
Kid’s Night Out
Your relationship with your spouse has a direct impact on the way you parent your children, and we want to help in every way we can. That’s where Kid’s Night Out comes to the rescue. Kids need un-programmed time to be kids and hang out with their friends. Parents need a break – even if it’s just to have dinner and coffee. With that in mind, Kid’s Night Out is offered a few times of year from 5:00 – 8:30 pm. Cost is minimal (just $6 per child with an $18.00 maximum per family) and includes dinner. A typical KNO involves game time, free play, crafts and other activities. Watch here for the next date and signup information!
2BC Preschool out is a ministry of Second Baptist Church, Conway. Our mission is simple: To provide families of central Arkansas a safe, nurturing and Christ-centered environment where children learn, play and love.
Click Here to go to the 2BC Preschool page.
The safety of children on our campus is a high priority. All children must be signed in through our secure check-in procedure. When you first visit, an attendant will guide you through your first check-in. Returning families may check themselves in at one of four check-in kiosks. Controlled-access doors and our very own security team members are present as well to ensure the safety of each child.
Childcare Request Policy
The 2BC Children’s ministry makes every attempt to provide childcare for ministry-related events and special meetings.
At least two weeks’ notice is required, and our office will notify you if charges will be incurred.
Childcare Request Form
Stephanie Crockett, Children’s Minister